What is Medical Tourism?
Medical tourism can be defined as the process of travelling outside the country of residence for purposes of receiving both medical or health care, and also preventive, therapeutic, healing and health improvement services. Medical tourism covers the concept of thermal tourism, medical tourism, elderly patience tourism and accesible tourism.
The services provided in health tourism may be categorised into four main headings as below.
The services for improvement of health ; Alternative complementary, SPA Wellness, thermal, herbal treatment, massage
Rehabilitation services ; Dialysis, fight agains addiction
Therapeutic services ; Medical tourism ( aesthetic, surgery, cardiac surgery, eye surgery, cancer treatment, orthopedics etc.
Elderly care services; Services provided to elderly people who do not have any complaints but travel to another country for care temporarily.
Medical tourism, which is the sub-concept of health tourism, is a purely medical definition and covers cross-border mobility “for the purpose of treatment”.In other words, it is the totality of services provided to improve the health of the individual.Oncological surgery, medical oncology, stem cell treatments, gene sequencing, plastic surgery, obesity surgery, gastric banding, gastric bypass, gastric sleeve, endocrinological diseases, heart surgeries, childhood cardiac surgery, liver, kidney, lung transplants are some of the services provided in this context.
Medical Tourism in Turkey
With highly qualified and professional services at all university hospitals, training research hospitals and private hospitals, Turkey is at an important point about medical tourism in all over the world. Beside the advantage of geographical structure, an other important advantage is the highly specialized qualified human resources in the medical staff at health facilities. Health tourism departments were established in hospitals, so that patients from a different culture were provided with services based on interest and trust in their own language or in English. Many hospitals have completed their accreditation.
Turkey is the most ideal country for medical tourism and alternative tourism with its four season climate, sea, thermal underground resources, thalassotheraphy facilities and transport facilities by such airlines as THY which has direct flights to a lot of countries and also low cost airlines.
Türkiye’ye vize gerekmeksizin bir çok ülkeden sadece pasaport ya da kimlik ile giriş yapılabilmektedir. Vize uygulamaları için aşağıdaki sayfadan güncel bilgiler kontrol edilebilir.
Tourists from many countries are allowed to enter Turkey without visa, only passport or identity card is requested. For visa applications, you can check up the current informations on the page below.
The “patients rights” and all health care organizations at any official Corporation or any health care services at any condition are determined and secured by regulations particularly in Turkey Constitution, other legislation and international legal texts. Everyone can benefit from the procedures and principles regarding the protection from violations of rights and the effective use of legal protection when necessary in a way of human dignity.
Below is the other main advantages to prefer Turkey for medical tourism,
- Convenient geographic location, hub airports
- Competitive prices
- Highly qualifed human resources
- High quality of health services
- The latest medical technology, well-equipped hospitals
- Quick diagnosis
- Leading tourism destination with historical, cultural and natural attractions.
Bayındır Sağlık Grubu
Özel Ortadoğu Hastanesi
Özel 100. Yıl Hastanesi
Gess Travel Health Services
- Examination of applications and reports
- Arrangement of online appointments with doctors
- Ensuring the most favorable prices and conditions
Travel, Accomodation, Organisation
- International and dosmestic flight ticketing
- All transfer services
- Organization of ambulance or air ambulance if necessary
- Hospitalization and treatment actions
- Translation services
- Accompaniment services
- Completing discharge
- Translation of medical reports
- Organising appointments and giving information about post treatment care
Brain and Nerve Surgery
- Brain neoplasms
- Cerebrovascular disorders
- Herniated disc, cervical disc
- Open-closed microsurgery
- Laser and nucleoplasty
- Microvasküler decompression
- Spinal Tumors
Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery
- Valvular heart disease
- Cardiac insufficiency
- Rhythm disturbances
- Balloon angioplasty and stent applications
- Cardiac pace maker applications
- Coronary artery aneurysm
- Facial palsy
- Palsy due to embolism, oalsy
- Cerebral hemorrhage
Orthopedics and traumatology
- Hip, axilla, knee prosthesis
- Spinal surgery
- Minimal invaziz spinal surgery
- Artroscopic surgery
- Hand surgery
Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic
- Ear Anomalies
- Cleft lip and palate
- Body anomalies (breast, breast wall anomalies)
- Acute injuries
- Burns and chemical burns
- Laser surgery applications (facial rejuvenation, spiloma, laser apilation)
- Medical oncology
- Radiation oncology
- Nuclear medicine
- Bone marrow transplantation
- Pediatric endocrinology
- Pediatric nephrology
- Allergy, immunoloji
- Pediatric rheumatology
- Cataract surgery
- Lacrimal duct and eyelid surgeries
- Eye cancer
- Glaucoma (high eye pressure)
- Restorative dental treatments (stopping)
- Endodontic dental treatments (root canal treatments)
- Orthodontic surgery, genioplasty